Thursday, June 27, 2024

LXDE guest doesn't have auto-resize, LXQT guest does

So I just installed Debian guest virtual machine with LXDE and I also installed Lubuntu and I noticed that when I resize the VM window, the Lubuntu guest automatically changes display resolution to match the resized window, whereas the LXDE Debian guest does not - it simply scales the display causing the text to become blurry.

I noticed that when I resized the display in Lubuntu, some LXQT dialogue box popped up mentioning lxqt-config-monitor

That's when I realized that Lubuntu doesn't use LXDE anymore but instead uses LXQT which is newer and more modern and intended as a replacement for LXDE. 

So I reinstalled Debian guest and picked LXQT instead of LXDE and this time the guest automatically changes the display resolution when I resize the VM window.

Anyway this was just a thing that annoyed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment