So today I asked Fable 5 and Opus 5 to help me do a very simple task of setting up my OpenWRT for port isolation so that Port 2 on my router will only be able to access the internet and no LAN IPs (192.168.x IPs). This is a very commonly performed task, I am pretty sure every tech-savvy person has done it at least once. Literally my neighbor across the street has done it. I mean, you go outside and talk to a random stranger about VLAN isolation for IoT devices, I'm pretty sure you don't even have to ask 5 people to get at least one of them who knows and has done it. So this is a very commonly performed task and also OpenWRT is a very widely used product so I'm sure there should be tons of training data and internet resources for how to do this simple task.
Opus 5 asked me for some information about which physical port maps to which virtual port, asked me for the firmware version, asked me to show it the current firewall config and so on and so forth. And I gave it all the information it asked for and then it came up with like 100 lines of bash commands for me to simply copy and paste into my shell. So I did that and ran the commands and the firewall gave a load of errors when it restarted, I pasted the errors into Fable 5 and it told me that those errors are perfectly to be expected and that everything worked perfectly actually.
And after all that? I plug the ethernet into Port 2, which is supposed to be isolated, and I can still ping 192.168.x IPs. In fact I can ping ANY 192.168.x IP from ANY of the ports, so clearly the rules aren't isolating anything.
So it doesn't work at all. Even though Opus 5 and Fable 5 are both telling me that it worked.
At a meta level, every day I see people online talking about how amazing Fable 5 is and how it is close to replacing humans, then I try it out myself and see that it gives completely useless garbage output and tells me that its solution is working perfectly fine when its solution is clearly not working.
Utterly useless fucking garbage, waste of electricity and resources, why did I spend fucking money on this crap, etc.
AI hype needs to fucking die already.
No comments:
Post a Comment