Recently I was looking at buying a server rack. I asked Claude which shelves I should get for the rack. There are shallower shelves and deeper shelves and I was looking at a rack which had adjustable depth.
Claude told me that there was no point in getting a shallower shelf because even though the rack's depth was adjustable, it would always use the same amount of floor area regardless of how the depth was adjusted. Claude said that I should just get a deeper shelf because it would use the same amount of floor area as the shallower rack shelf.
I told Claude to stop fucking trolling. Claude apologized and went and looked up the listing for the rack and found that the rack's depth was, indeed, adjustable, and that it was wrong to have said that the rack would use the same amount of floor area regardless of how its depth was adjusted.
On many other occasions I have noticed that Claude is unable to look up Amazon listings, its fetch URL tool would just fail, while at the same time Chatgpt and Gemini are able to successfully fetch the URL and look at the Amazon listing.
This makes me very angry, because I am paying real money to Anthropic for my Claude subscription, whereas I am using the free versions of Chatgpt and Gemini, yet the free versions of Chatgpt and Gemini are far outperforming Claude on the most elementary of functionalities (the ability to fetch URLs).
Keep in mind all of this was done by Opus 5, so this makes me extra angry. I am paying real money for the best Anthropic model and yet it is making elementary mistakes and being clearly outperformed by the free Chatgpt and Gemini models.
Yes I am mad.
No comments:
Post a Comment